If you want to increase your chances of winning big while playing online slots, there are two important terms to get familiar with – return to player (RTP) and volatility.
Keeping these aspects in mind will make it easier to pick slots that are right for you and give you more control over your winnings.
The Importance of RTP Slots
Slots RTP matters because it gives you the best chance of retaining and increasing your money.
Slots RTP refers to the average amount of money a game pays back to players. An RTP of 96% means that on average, players receive 96% of their wagers back.
However, it should be noted that RTP applies to all in-play games, meaning multiple players can be affected. Where one player might not receive any wagers back, another might get more than 100% back. This is why it’s referred to as an average.
You can easily find the RTP of any given slot on its game page or by clicking on the ‘I’, which will give you all the information you need, including the pay table.
What is the Best Online Slots RTP?
When playing slots online in the UK, you want to focus on games that have an RTP of 97% or higher. Anything below 95% should be avoided, especially if you’re choosing to go the low-volatility route. This is because with low volatility slots, the payout is generally lower, so you want to increase your chances of winning more often.
Tips for Playing High RTP Slots UK
Here are some tips to help you make the most of the best RTP slots in the UK:
- Pick your game carefully. Before you deposit any money, review the available slots on your chosen site and pick the ones with higher RTPs.
- Review the pay table. Every high RTP slow has its own pay table. This table will highlight the value of each symbol. It will also tell you whether a game offers wilds and bonus rounds.
- Take advantage of free games. If a casino offers free games, use those rounds to get familiar with your favorite slots.
- Start low. When you first start spinning, play the lowest possible denomination. This will give you the opportunity to work out a game’s volatility before you place higher bets.
- Stick to a budget. Know how much you’re willing to spend and lose before you start playing. A budget will keep you in check and ensure you’re playing responsibly.
The Best High RTP Slot Games
Once you start searching for the highest RTP slots to play, you soon realize just how many there are.
To help you get started, here is a list of some of the most popular slots in the UK at the moment.
- Sherlock by World Match (RTP 98.2%)
- Jackpot 6000 by NetEnt (RTP 98.9)
- 1492 Unchartered Seas by Thunderkick (RTP 98.5)
- Mega Joker by NetEnt (RTP 99%)
- Fruit Box by Amatic (RTP 97.8%)
- Rainbow Riches by Barcrest (RTP 98%)
- Monopoly by Barcrest (RTP 97.8%)
- The Catfather by Pragmatic Play (RTP 98.1%)
RTP vs. Volatility
Next, let’s look at the difference between RTP and volatility.
Where RTP dictates the average payback a player can expect, volatility refers to how often a slot pays out. Slots with low volatility tend to pay out more, but the payouts will be lower than a high volatility slot.
RTP and volatility are not linked though and won’t impact each other.
Low Volatility Slots vs. High Volatility Slots
Deciding on the volatility of a slot depends on the type of player you are as well as your budget and experience level.
The perks of playing a low volatility slot in the UK are that you can play for extended periods without necessarily taking on a lot of risk. And because these slots tend to have a high hit frequency, the return to player value tends to be higher too.
Unfortunately, low volatile slots do provide lower payouts on average.
When playing high volatility slots, the winnings have the potential to be more significant. On the other hand, the risk can be higher and the RTPs tend to be lower too.
How to Choose the Best Low Volatility Slots UK
Once you decide that you would prefer to play low volatile slots, keep the following in mind:
- Research online casinos. You should only be playing on slot sites that have a good reputation.
- Review the game selection. If you love excitement and choice, opt for sites that offer a good selection of low volatility slots for you to try out.
- Check the RTP. The higher a game’s RTP, the better. It means more chances of winning for you.
- Don’t forget the bonuses. Lastly, you ideally want to play slots that offer free games, wilds, and bonus spins, giving you more chances to win.
High RTP Slots & Low Volatility Slots FAQs
What slots have the highest RTP?
There are thousands of slots with a high RTP, but here are a few that have some of the highest:
- Ugga Bugga (99.07%)
- Ooh Aah Dracula (99%)
- The Catfather (98.10%)
- Blood Suckers (98%)
- Rainbow Riches (98%)
- Starmania (97.87%)
- Medusa Megaways (97.63%)
- Guns N’ Roses (96.98%)
- Blood Suckers 2 (96.94%)
- Butterfly Staxx (96.8%)
- Dead or Alive (96.82%)
What does RTP mean?
RTP is short for Return to Player. This percentage highlights the average amount of wagers a player can expect to get back after playing a slot game. Every slot game will have a different RTP – the higher the RTP, the higher your chances of winning big.
How can I find a slot’s RTP?
Today’s leading online casinos will readily display the RTP of a game on each slot’s page so that you know exactly what you can potentially expect to get back. If you can’t find it on the page, you can always click on the ‘I’ to get this information. In some instances, casino sites will display an average RTP for all games on their home page.
How to win playing the best low volatility slots?
Start by setting a budget. This way, you know exactly what you’re spending and how much you’re willing to possibly lose. Next, you want to research the slots you’re considering and look at whether free games and bonus spins are offered – this can increase your chances of winning. Lastly, be sure to pick a slot that you enjoy playing and can easily understand.
Can I play low volatility slots for free?
While it’s possible to play some low volatility slots for free, most online casinos will only offer a few free spins before you’ll be expected to pay in and bet real money.
Why is low volatility important?
Even though low volatility slots in the UK tend to have lower payouts on average, they allow you to play for longer because the risk is a lot lower. On the plus side, most low volatility slots will have a higher RTP, which means you have the chance to win more often.